Hey there, blog world. My first ever blog award! Thank you to Word Wacker for nominating me for the Infinity Dreams Award. Its purpose is to get bloggers more connected with each other. Since I’m working on the Blogging 101 course through Blogging University at WordPress, it seems like that’s a good place to begin looking for more new connections.
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
Eleven facts about myself:
- I am a cheerful chocoholic.
- One summer the high school teacher who taught business courses loaned me a typing textbook. Using it was the best DIY project I ever did.
- I love to read aloud to children; being read to is agony.
- Sight reading music on the piano is tremendous fun for me, but I cannot play by ear.
- I never lost my Southern accent while living in New York for 50 years.
- For 20 years I sewed all the clothes I wore until I discovered I could buy them cheaper ready made.
- I transcribed Braille with a stylus and slate for several years. Sending materials for the blind never required postage, even between England and the US.
- Decorating birthday cakes was a hobby I enjoyed when my children were young.
- Learning to identify birds and trees has been a life-long challenge. Being self-taught, I make a lot of mistakes.
- I adore falling water, as long as it’s not from a dripping faucet. There are five fountains in our house, three outside and two inside.
- I walk two miles a day, this being a most pleasant exercise in the mountains of North Carolina.
The questions set for me:
- Are you a morning person or a night person?
I’m such a morning person that my initials before and after marriage were AM!
- What is your favorite TV show (current or past, broadcast or cable or streaming)?
British comedies are my favorites. Things like To the Manor Born.
- What was/is your favorite subject in school? How about your least favorite?
English was probably my favorite. I did well in math, but I didn’t have an affinity for it.
- What is your favorite beverage to sip on a quiet evening?
Hot chocolate, but I indulge in that luxury only about five times a year.
- If you could magically get the answer to one question, what would that question be?
I would ask everyone I meet, “Would you tell me your life story? There is bound to be something fascinating about you and your experiences.”
- What kind of music or radio station do you listen to most often? (If you don’t listen, why not?)
I listen to Baroque, Renaissance, 20th century, New Age, and Celtic music.
- What is something about you that most people would find surprising?
I talk to animals. This morning I spoke to four sheep and a lamb in a pasture and a stray chicken on a neighbor’s lawn.
- If you were going to be an animal, what animal would it be?
I would love to be a seagull, soaring over the beach.
- Who do you imagine as the target audience for your blog?
Anyone who wants to read what I write is my welcomed audience.
- What is easiest for you about blogging? What is hardest?
The easiest thing about blogging is writing. I’ve been writing letters and blogs for 55 years. The hardest part is getting things posted correctly, like remembering to add tags.
- What’s one pet peeve?
It’s hard to be civil when someone insists on telling you the whole plot of a movie that you know you don’t want to see.
Questions for the people I am nominating:
- Do you have a hobby or hobbies?
- Did you come from a small or large family?
- What is your favorite cuisine?
- Where did you grow up?
- If you like writing, what made you aware of it?
- Where would you like to travel, if a reasonable amount of money were available?
- What language/s do you speak?
- Do you have a pet peeve?
- Can you touch type, or do you use the hunt and peck method?
- What is your favorite form of entertainment?
- How did you find WordPress?
The bloggers I am nominating (in no particular order) are: